Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  I am a lawyer who understands tax law and finance.
1987257

DID I NEED TO FILE A 1040 BY APRIL 15 TO GET MY STIMULUS PAYMENT

No Comment Added
Category: Tax
Expert:  Guru_Guy replied 8 years ago.

If you file ford an extension and file your taxes later, you still qualify for the rebate. However, your rebate will be delayed, coming several weeks after you file your taxes, showing you qualify for the rebate.

I hope this helps!

___________________

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: Absent an engagement for written tax advice prepared in compliance with the regulations promulgated by the U.S. Department of Treasury, no person prepared the written information contained in or accompanying this communication for use or reliance, and no taxpayer can, therefore, use or rely upon the written information contained in or accompanying this communication, (i) to avoid any penalties that the IRS may impose, or (ii) for the purpose of promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any tax-related matters.