Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
9313471

Does this make me an independent contractor

I earned $250 as a mystery shopper in 2007. Myhusband and I file a joint return. Where do we report this and how? Please be specific as to what I need to do or what form to fill out. I have not registered as an independent contractor or anything. Help!
Thank you for using Just Answer. Since you receive $250 as a shopper, report the amount on line 21- other income on Form 1040.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Marvin,EA's Post: Is there a threshold at which I would classify myself as an independent contractor and need to 'do' more? My husband thinks this little bit of income is more trouble than it was worth.
If you make over $400 in a year, you would have to classify yourself as a independent contractor and file a federal Form Sch. C and Sch.SE.