Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS

my husbands employer sent us his 1099 late, when we got it ...

Customer Question

my husbands employer sent us his 1099 late, when we got it we pulled our bank deposits and found that she had put 5000 dollars more than what he made i asked her and she said she would send me a new one. the whole process has taken a month she kept making excuses that she was having family problems, then on vacation, then sick, then her daughter was sick. she told me her accountant had already put the new 1099 in the mail, so i threw the old one away. after waiting for almost two weeks i sent her anathor message asking if she had ever sent it, after she said she would call in an hour i called her,(like always). She then explained to me that oops it was right because of whatever reasons. i asked her to fax me proof, and a new 1099, i have been waiting all day and still nothing, and i have a feeling she is''nt going to send anything. what should i do? there are only two weeks left to do our taxes. someone told me to file a police report, should i?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. 1099s are information documents for self-employed person or independent contractor. Are you self-employed or a independent contractor?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes my husband is a sub-contractor
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
still waiting for an answer please write back
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
I am sorry for the late reply. File your Sch. C with the income you receive from the company. Keep all receipts and records of the payment. If the IRS at a later date audit your husband about the 1099s, you can show the bank records of the payment. The company who gave you the 1099s would have to show the IRS proof of the payments they pay you.