How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jim Revels Your Own Question
Jim Revels
Jim Revels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 210
Experience:  Providing income tax / planning services for over 16 years on all entity and individual tax issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jim Revels is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a 100% shareholder of a Sub S corp charge for a ...

Resolved Question:

Can a 100% shareholder of a Sub S corp charge for a pro-rata share of utilities for those provided through use of an "in home office" or are those charges deducted through the 1040 via Business Use of Home?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jim Revels replied 9 years ago.

Yes, it is appropriate to expense a proportionate share of expenses associated with your home on the Sub S return. Be careful not to take Landscape expenses, recently found that to be an audit trigger. You should not take these on your personal return.


Best regards,



Jim Revels and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you