Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses

what if my employer does not give me my 1099 ...

Customer Question

what if my employer does not give me my 1099 subcontractor form by the deadline? can i avoid paying this tax if it is now march and i still do not have my 1099
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using justanswer. You are responsible for reporting and paying any tax due on ALL income you received during the year, whether you received the proper forms in the mail or not. The person that paid you should have and probably did file the correct forms with the IRS, and not reporting the income could be construed as fraud under the "understating of income" rules. I have included a link to the IRS website that you might find helpful.

Tax Topics - Topic 154 Forms W-2 and Form 1099-R (What to Do if Not Received)

I hope this helps you

Positive feedback and bonuses are always appreciated