MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.

do i have to pay state tax in oklahoma if i work in alaska

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Tax
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 8 years ago.

If you are a full year resident of Oklahoma, all taxable income is taxable in Oklahoma. If Alaska had an income tax on wages, you would have been allowed a credit on your OK return for Alaska taxes paid.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I spent more than 9 months in alaska. I dont have an apartment or home just hotels. does that make a difference
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 8 years ago.
When were you in alaska? Did you live in OK before and after your AK time.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I work in alaska 6 to 7 weeks at a time and then fly home to oklahoma for never more than 3 weeks at the maximum im usually only there for 2 weeks before i head back to alaska. I pay my own airfare and most of my hotel. my company pays for fuel and vehicle and some lodging. The company I work for is based in alaska. I started working in alaska in october of 06
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 8 years ago.
Under the situation provided, you are an Oklamoma resident and must include all of your
AK income on your OK return.