Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  15+ years tax preparation and tax advice.
753989

if I tell someone my income for 2007 would they be able to

Customer Question

if I tell someone my income for 2007 would they be able to estimate my tax refund? I don't have many deductions, I am claiming my daughter!
Category: Tax
Expert:  Wendy Reed replied 6 years ago.

Hi amanda,

If you want to give me your income for the year (type and amount of gross) and federal withholding, I can assist you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks you were offline when I sent the other message and since I have no patience I decided to ask anyone! My income before taxes were taken out was 17,851.63 and I think the only deduction I would have would be my daughter! I don't make enough money to buy anything else to deduct you know!!

Hi Amanda.,

Assuming this income is all taxable, and you claim your daughter,

If you file single, your approx. refund would be 2885 (but this does not take into consideration federal tax withholding, whatever was withheld for federal tax would be added to your refund. :)

If you file head of household with your daughter, refund would be 3135, with federal tax withheld added to this.

So the difference between single and head of household is approx. $300

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Wendy Rieger's Post: My federal withholding was $1,624.00 so how much of that would I get back? I am sorry I did not include this in my last reply!!! Thanks for all of your great help

Okay,

Approx. refund:

Single: $4509

Head of Household $4759

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Wendy Rieger's Post: I was just wondering what state you work in? or if you would be available to do my taxes through h&r block!? The accountant that I have had for the past few years I have not nessesarily been happy with!! but I don't know who else to go to! please reply and let me know, you helped me out a great deal!!

Hi Amanda, I am in NJ,

You can try an HR Block in your area, or you might want to actually try filing for free online (there are programs for this, specifically IRS FreeFile) or purchasing taxcut or turbotax software. Your situation is not too complicated at this time---but if you would rather have someone file for you, then I would recommend your closest HR Block office.

Best of Luck!