Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses

I just wanted to know if I can claim the per diem ...

I just wanted to know if I can claim the per diem difference from the rate my employer uses to the rate GSA has listed on my taxes?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using justanswer. As an employee you may file 2007 Form2106 Employee Business Expenses to claim the difference between what you were actually reimbursed and what is allowed by the government. In order for you to get a benefit from this form, you must be able to itemize deductions on your Federal 1040 Schedule A, and your unreimbursed portion of your business expenses must exceed 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income.

Please see the following for more indepth information

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">Tax Topics - Topic 514 Employee Business Expenses

I hope this helps

Positive feedback and bonuses are always appreciated