Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  15+ years tax preparation and tax advice.
753989

how much will my take home pay be after my raise.

Customer Question

My yearly salary was 30,192. It is now 32640. I am head of house hold, and I have one dependent. My current take home pay is 1902.51 How much will my net be on my next check?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Wendy Reed replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer

I would love to help you figure this out. In order to give you an approximate take home pay for your new salary, I need to know what the pay period is (monthly?) and what do you claim on your W4?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Wendy Rieger's Post: My pay period is monthly and on my w-4 I claim myself and my daughter

Your current take home pay is not consistent with your current yearly salary (before raise)...

Do you have any other deductions, such as medical insurance, 401k, etc.? If so, how much per pay period?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Wendy Rieger's Post: health deduction is 180.00
extra withholding is 3.00
critical care is 7.36
Perfect! now it makes more sense. Give me a couple of minutes and I will calculate.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Wendy Rieger's Post: thanks Wendy!

If I assume Single, 2 on your W4, and post-tax medical deduction, I come up with approx 1905 for your takehome currently, and 2063 for your takehome with your raise.

(difference of approx. 158)

Please note that this is a rough estimate based on info provided and assumptions.---Let me know if you need any additional information!