RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
510454

Code J box 12 a on W2

Customer Question

I have a W2 that has third party sick pay and code J in box 12a and computer will not take a code J where do I put this
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 9 years ago.

Code J represents nontaxable sick pay and therefore if your tax software does not accept this code than you can exclude that information from your tax return.

Let me know if you have any question. Bonus and Feedback will be highly appreciated!!!

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases.