Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee

What can I do if I need my tax return money right now

Customer Question

I need the money from my tax return right now, is there any way I can get that or not?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 9 years ago.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get your refund from the IRS until you file your return after January 1st.

There are some companies who offer incometax anticiation loans. However, these are high interest, and must be paid by your expected income tax return refund. Your refund has to go to a bank account they set up, and they give you the loan, discounting your refund in some cases, as deeply as 35%.

the reason for the steep discount, is until you actually file your return, do the REAL math, etc, in there eyes, there is no way to gaurantee your refund will be what you and they estimate it to be.