Wayne Brasch
Wayne Brasch, Accountant and Business Consultant
Experience:  Master of Science in Taxation. Tax experience since 1963.
749270

What is the Support-Stop 5050 agency?

ACS is the IRS' Automated Collection Service (ACS) Write them at the address they provided if their letter is not clear to you. IRS does make mistakes sometimes. It might be good for you to engage the services of a local tax professional to help you resolve this matter. Their fee will be deductible in the year you pay them and they could very well save you from many headaches and uncomfortable times.

Read full interaction below »

Question

They say I owe taxes for 2003 I believe there was a mistake. I have always filed my taxes and always seem to get money back. How can I check without having to get into a phone conversation with them? I do not have a phone.

Category: Tax
Expert:  Wayne Brasch replied 10 years ago.
ACS is the IRS' Automated Collection Service (ACS) Write them at the address they provided if their letter is not clear to you. IRS does make mistakes sometimes. It might be good for you to engage the services of a local tax professional to help you resolve this matter. Their fee will be deductible in the year you pay them and they could very well save you from many headaches and uncomfortable times.