Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I just bought an 08 impreza and I think I accidentally

I just bought an 08 impreza and I think I accidentally activated the immobilizer. Nothing works on the vehicle, it has a new battery and it won't even shift out of park
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: It's hard to tell I'm the only one here so I can't go see it but the break is real stiff as well
JA: Are you fixing your Impreza yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to I'm actually in a parking lot and I'm trying to get going home and I was hoping for an easy fix instead of having to call for a tow or something
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Do the headlights work?

Is the instrument cluster powering up with the key on?

Is the theft light on with the key on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
none of the above, I think it may be a power failure issue instead

Are you sure the battery voltage is good and making good connections. A good battery will have 12.6 volts and the fuses under the hood will also have this voltage. Can you check that?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your time Chris, It was a power loss situation and the subaru handles that type of issue differently then most vehicles. Thank you for your time though. Much appreciated

Your welcome.