Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

I am trying to replace the battery in my 2013 impreza sport.

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the battery in my 2013 impreza sport. The alarm keeps going off and I cannot complete the process.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: yes. it did not turn the alarm system off
JA: Are you fixing your Impreza Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i tried what you suggested. I cannot even put in the old battery. Yes. We are replacing the battery ourselves, which we usually do (this is the first in this car, though)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Lets disconnect the negative cable off the battery for about 2 minutes, reinstall the negative cable after two minutes, close the hood, all the doors and the lift gate, then lock and unlock the vehicle a few times with the key fob, then put the key in the ignition and cycle the ignition 3 times then start it. Let me know what happens then. thank you.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

I would like to try that first and then if you still need phone support we can do that as well.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Did that help out any? Let us know if you need any more help on this. Thank you.