Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2008 subaru outback, i have the code p1494, i would

Customer Question

i have a 2008 subaru outback, i have the code p1494, i would like to know what thatneab s means*
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: p1494
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, i tried reseting the code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 13 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

1494 means there is a concern with the EGR solenoid and normally it is the solenoid that is bad. If you need the diagnostic steps to perform let me know and I will forward those.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can u send me the diagnostic steps
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 8 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris