Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

I PURCHACED A FORESTER BUILT IN MARCH 2013 AND AFTER 2 Days

Customer Question

I PURCHACED A FORESTER BUILT IN MARCH 2013 AND AFTER 2 Days I had to crank and crank and crank to get it to start--good grief, it was only 3 years old. They called it a 2014 Premium!!!! It started like a 15 year old car!!! Also, the drivers side window would get stuck half way and I had to wait to try to get it move again. I was afraid I could not get it to move correctly.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: I took it to a local Subaru dealer (purchased it from Penske Toyota in Jersy City) and they said I needed a new battery. I purchased the battery and Penske paid me back for it (wow). I took it in again as both things were still going on. They wrote it up but never acknowedged there was anything wrong---however, they balanced all the tires and the shimmy has almost gone away. However, after they took it to the Subaru dealer across the street, the window still has problems and the starter cranks and cranks occasionally .....NOW they say there is a bulletin out stating that in cold weather there is a problem that can be solved. The first time the starting problem happened it was not at all cold. They gave me a loaner car (brand NEW fav 4 and have not been able to return car today. My used car warranty runs out on the 28th. They are very nice people but I have a relative that say they are just stringing me along until my warranty runs out............scary
JA: What year is your Forester?
Customer: built March 2013 and they sold it as a f
JA: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 5i Premium 2014
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a possiblity there can be a real fix for this ??? It's not a bad car
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Subaru has released a service bullet as they have said that deals with the extended crank problem you are having . I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. Check with your dealer and see if this is the one there going to do for you to solve this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Extendened%20crank%20Nov%2024.pdf