sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

This morning when I turned on my '09 Forester, several

Customer Question

Hi there,
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: this morning when I turned on my '09 Forester, several indicator lights came on: check engine, vehicle dynamics control, and coolant temp. I noticed the past couple days that when I step on the gas, it seems to delay a sec or two and "putter" a bit before engaging. What could this be? I feel I probably need to get it in to a mechanic ASAP....
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: they all stayed on, but the cruise control light was blinking...which was odd b/c I have not used the cruise lately
JA: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am not fixing myself - I have a mechanic but wanted to steer him in the right direction to cut down on the investigative time hopefully if you have any suggestions :)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've had no other issues with the vehicle since I bought it 5 yrs ago- have kept up with oil changes and tire rotations...
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi, I have not recieved a response yet?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when should i expect to see a response? Pls advise, thanks!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not received a response, I have placed an alert on my credit card for fraud and will deny charges as I've heard nothing.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The warning lights are on because a failure has been seen by the respective modules and fault codes have set. Engine related issues can cause stability control warnings because the stability control system relies on the ability to request torque from the engine.

If you're seeing a coolant temperature warning it may be due to a loss of coolant temperature sensor signal or the engine may be overheating. I don't recommend driving the vehicle until the coolant level has been checked.

If the coolant is full then the next step will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes have set and testing can be done from there.