tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

How do I replace the low beam head lamp on a 2010 Subaru

Customer Question

How do I replace the low beam head lamp on a 2010 Subaru Legacy?
JA: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I managed to get the bulb out and a new one plugged in but in the process the spring clip popped off and I cannot determine how to put it back together. Not enough room to fit my hand where the spring clip goes and I do not understand how the spring clip mounts.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: No noise. I need instructions on how to put lamp back together.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 4 months ago.

Hi, the best way to get at the bulb is through the inner fender liner,depending on which side your trying to get at,(we will use driver side for reference)turn wheel all the way right, remove 1 clip on inner fender located where bumper cover meets fender peel liner to expose the headlamp from behind,the spring clip your referring to is held in position with a screw, my fear is that you removed the screw ,is that the case here?

Expert:  tamaz replied 4 months ago.

Hi again I'm sending you a link that may help,the spring clip is pictured here but not clearly,it is possible the lamp may need to be removed,if this becomes the case the bumper cover will need to be removed ,I can help more if need be ,thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I managed to put the screw back in but need to know how to put the clip back in that holds the lamp in place. I see how it should be positioned but need technique to install.
Expert:  tamaz replied 4 months ago.

If you look closer you will see a hook attached to the lamp, the procedure to reinstall is simply just to push down so it latches.If you have a smart phone a good way to see this better is to take a picture just because it is in such a bad position to see it clearly,thanks