Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Drive beldt tensioner is gone. how to replace, no

Customer Question

drive beldt tensioner is gone . how to replace
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Subaru. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 25 days ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 25 days ago.

No need to request a phone call, but please give me a moment to type my response.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 25 days ago.

What is your engine size, year and model please?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
2006subaru b9 tribeca
Expert:  Mike V. replied 25 days ago.

Ok

Please give me a couple minutes to look up the info and make a file for you.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 25 days ago.

Sorry to say I don't have a step by step for this. There are 3 bolts that hold the belt tensioner on the engine. I believe all 3 are accessible even though there isn't a lot of room. The tough one will likely be the one that sort of hides under the power steering pump pulley. If you have to, you can remove the pump or loosen it enough to get to the bolt. The upper radiator hose may provide some issue to get your hand in there and the pulley out. If it does, you can take it off the engine side without losing a lot of coolant, and then make sure you top the coolant off prior to starting the car. This will eliminate any possible air pocket and overheating.

When you loosen the power steering pump, you may have to remove the bolts that hold the power steering lines tight. You don't have to take the lines off the pump to get room or to be able to move the pump, but this will give you some movement to get it out of the way if needed.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 24 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?