Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

We have a 2013 Subaru Forrester. I accidentally stuck my

Customer Question

We have a 2013 Subaru Forrester. I accidentally stuck my Honda Accord key in and started it. It ran several seconds and quit. Then I realized what I did and tried to do it with the Subaru key and again a few ae
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: The steering wheel turns while it is running for the few seconds until it shuts down
JA: What year is your Accord?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's our Subaru that won't run. 2013 Forrester
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think the immobilized on the Subaru kicked in
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Dan replied 26 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 26 days ago.

Was the Subaru key on the same key chain when this happened?

Expert:  Dan replied 26 days ago.

Disconnect both battery cables (positive and negative) and clamp or use a jumper wire to hold them together, turn key to on position and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then turn ignition off and remove key, reconnect battery cables at a time, positive first then negative. This should reset the system

Expert:  Dan replied 26 days ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks