tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I have a 2000 impresa RS in which we have pulled the engine,

Customer Question

I have a 2000 impresa RS in which we have pulled the engine, taken off the heads, and split the block. Is there any indicators that I should look for which would tell me if oil is getting past the rings and valve seals. Have 125K on the motor. Don
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 3 months ago.

Hi Don, was this oil consumption excessive ?The spark plugs would show you signs of oil consumption especially heavy amounts,did they have the deposits of oil coating them?On the cylinder heads you would see oil forming in exhaust chambers also how do those look?The PCV system also is a big player was the PCV system checked for clogging and proper operation?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This car consumed oil when it was new. The plugs did not look wet with oil, but had carbon on them. Did not see oil on exhaust chambers, and have not checked PCV system.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would have to talk later since I am now running my business. The car is in the garage next door. How do I get back to you and will I get you personally?
Expert:  tamaz replied 3 months ago.

No problem just reply back to this question and you will get me back, thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK Thank You.
Expert:  tamaz replied 3 months ago.

Hi,have you found anything out yet?