Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

N, battery goes dead, 2000, no.jumping, no

Customer Question

n
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: battery goes dead
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no.jumping
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You need to perform a parasitic drain test. You need a multimeter, disconnect the negative post on the battery and connect meter in series. You are measuring current or amps. You then pull out fuses one at a time to narrow down the circuit that is causing the drain.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks