Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

I have a 2013 subaru outback with 146,000 miles. The cruise

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2013 subaru outback with 146,000 miles. The cruise control indicator light came one and the brake light wich check engine.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened and no probably not unless it is something simple. There are no subaru dealers close.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

When the check engine light comes on in this vehicle, it also causes the cruise control light to come on by default, so you most likely do not have any kind of cruise control problem specifically. The first step would be to get the codes scanned by going to a local parts store and asking them to do it for you for free. If you would like to do this and let me know what the codes are, I would be glad to try and further assist you.

As far as the brake light goes, are you talking about the red brake light that comes on with the emergency brake?

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you are still looking for help with this problem

If you do not require any further assistance, please take a moment and rate my answer; this is the only way that we are compensated as experts. Thank you

Hi, this is Josh checking in again to remind you that I am here if you need me and also to please rate my answer.