Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.

My mechanic replaced tensioners and guides on my 2006 subaru

Customer Question

Hi. My mechanic replaced tensioners and guides on my 2006 subaru B9 tribeca with H6 3.0 engine and he did not replace the radiator fan before cranking the car. When he cranked it, the car started no problem but, he stated that it shut down and would NOT start back up. Could this be due to the ecu recognizing the fan was not there and does this automatically shut the car down with a no crank, no start issue?
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: Yes spark plugs are firing. He also checked the fuel lines and pump and all is good too.
JA: Are you fixing your B9 Tribeca yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, since he left me hanging and now is. It completing the job, yes, I have to do it myself and don't feel as confident. But last night I went to the shop where it's at and took the dead battery out to go get charged and will put that back in today. Also I checked oil dipstick and oil is not marking at all. Additionally thinking it needed some, I begin to pour some in and realize that what I began to pour was oil mixed with water, so I plan to drop the oil out of it today as well. If I leave cap off will water evaporate once I open oil plug?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Additionally when I looked under the car, the plug had about a teardrop size oil leak from plug itself so I plan to get new washer for it.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 5 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.