peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Can you swap a round combustion chamber for a rectangular

Customer Question

can you swap a round combustion chamber for a rectangular combustion chamber on a 2.5 forester subaru.
JA: What year is your Forester?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and my head gaskets were leaking and I bought new heads and the combustion chambers are different.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: yes and it is a 2.5
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can cause combustion or pressure leaks swapping like this here.I recommend sticking to the correct parts and components so no issues occur as square usually wont seal up and operate properly with a round system.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete