Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

I had the rear driver's side wheel bearing replaced at about

Customer Question

I had the rear driver's side wheel bearing replaced at about 34,000 miles and now I hear same noise from rear end, maybe the passenger rear wheel bearing. I now have 47,000 miles on it. About how much $ to replace it? The first was under warranty.
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: Very good. Very happy with the car but dissapointed that I have had to replace wheel bearing so soon. Is there a design/bearing issue?
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2015 Outback
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Will be taking it to dealership on Monday. I just wondered what rouo
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wondering what rough cost will be to replace wheel bearing assuming that is the problem. Any extended warranty on this or recalls?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you

I would say that you should expect to pay roughly $400 - $450 at a dealership. This job would likely be done at an independent shop for about $100 less than at the dealership, provided that aftermarket parts are available in your area for this car (it is sometimes difficult to source parts for cars that are less than 3 years old). One other piece of advice I will give you is to not let the dealership know that you expect it to be a wheel bearing (force them to diagnose it instead of going with your idea) and ask them to prove how and why they found the problem. I hope this info helps!

*Please remember to take a moment to leave a positive rating if you were satisfied with my answer!

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you still need help with your issue. If you still have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If not, please take a moment and rate my service today!

Hi, this is Josh again, just checking in to see if you still need help with your problem...If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask and please do take a moment and rate my service!

Hi, this is Josh checking again to see if you still require any assistance. If so, please don't hesitate to ask and also please take a moment to rate my answer. Thanks!