tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I have a Subaru 2010 forester. The tank is close to empty

Customer Question

I have a Subaru 2010 forester. The tank is close to empty but won't take gas. When this happened before it was the computer reset. How do we do this-
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 5 months ago.

Hi ,this is usually caused by a atmospheric vent which is clogged,believe it or not the most common cause of these blockages is caused by spiders building webs/nests in the filter housing .The vent must be inspected first, but is not the easiest to get to, what to do is raise car remove driver rear wheel to gain access you will see 2 lines coming out of the body follow them and you will see a small white canister remove it to inspect for the webs I'm speaking of and the problem will be solved.Thanks,let me know if you need more help