peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

How do I access my Crosstrek IV 110 V DC battery for

Customer Question

How do I access my Crosstrek IV 110 V DC battery for emergency power, for running appliances during this Hurricane Matthew? I am an EE, and can cobble up connections. Thanks.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Where/which connector, can I test the voltage with my voltmeter?
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2014 Crosstrek IV
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only observed the special yellow connectors, but have not dared polk around yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: As a Hybrid car, it is running very well. But I wish to know if I can externally charge, and use the hybrid battery? Thanks
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately I do not see a way myself that this can be done here.You might contact a dealer and see if they can tell you for sure if this can be done and how it can be done.If this is not an option or was already attempted let me know before rating my help here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete