Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 Subaru Outback non-turbo. I originally had

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Subaru Outback non-turbo. I originally had code P2109 and P2101. Replaced throttle position sensor. Problem was still there. Replaced throttle body (the one that is fly-by-wire), throttle pedal and also had the computer rebuilt. The only code I get now is P2109 and the car will not go past 2,500 rpms. Is there a reprogramming procedure I need to do? I am at a loss. I have looked at the harness, connector and wires. I can not find any evidence of any physical damage to the harness and or connector. I need some help.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Maybe if some one can give me the schematics for the following pictures. My program does not have them.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

In the 2 files below have you done those diagnostic steps and is that the diagram your asking for?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/outep.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/2109.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, I did find the schematic after hours. Subaru calls it TGV Sensor. All sensors are brand new. TGV Sensor, gas pedal, throttle body and rebuilt computer. The code is still there P2109 and it will not go away. Car will not rev above 2500 rpms. The harness looks good. Pins look good (I am going to manual make them tighter one by one).Any input?
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Did you go through all of the pinpoint tests for this code from the file I sent?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What would those pinpoint tests show? All they ask me to do is to perform drive cycles that meet criteria that enables to band aid the problem.I find no descriptions on what The TGV assembly purpose is. The TGV sensor voltage output is .89v with new or old sensor. I can unplug connector from sensor and plug it to a sensor that is not bolted up to the the assembly. By doing this I am trying to see if the computer recognizes a voltage less than .49v which it dows. It sets a code for it that tells me the voltage on the TPS is too low. Then I turn the sensor to 1.00v and it tells me that it is too high. I am doing this with the engine off and key on and using a sensor that is not mounted on the intake manifold.This whole system does not make any sense! I don't understand the logic behind the engineering. Why have a DTC that tells you there's a problem with the TPS when in the electrical schematics is called a TGV? Why have a throttle body that acts like an idle air control valve? It just doesn't make any sense.If I follow the procedures you have attached, it is going to lead me to replacing components I have already replaced. The only thing I have not replaced is the TGV assembly which is a ton of money. The gas pedal, throttle body and TGV sensor have been replaced. The TGV actuator has not but I can't find any information on how it works. How is it that when the voltage on the TPS is able to sweep the Electronic Throttle Body is able to open and close with the gas pedal? All this seems to be computer logic which I can't seem to find any information on or descriptions of what inputs the computer uses to adjust the Electronic Throttle.

It seems you may get better help from someone else. I am going to remove myself from the conversation and opt out. Wish you the best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No one can point me in the right direction?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Moderator please issue a refund. Unfortunately there was no help only cut and paste information from literature that any one can obtain from google or library. What I needed was input from a savvy mechanic not a flat-rate mechanic