Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

How do i remove and replace the sparkplugs on a 2002 Subaru

Customer Question

How do i remove and replace the sparkplugs on a 2002 Subaru Legacy wagon 2.0L engine
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

You have to remove the plug wires, you can remove the battery and washer fluid tank to gain more room. You will also remove the air box and intake pipe. I use a spark plug socket, 3 inch extension, swivel socket, and an 8 inch extension, the swivel makes it easer access and to turn your socket wrench.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks,

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

If you find oil on the spark plugs or boots, your tube seals are leaking and you will need to remove the valve covers to replace them.