Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2006 Forester engine light is on and cruise control light

Customer Question

2006 Forester engine light is on and cruise control light blinking what causes this
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: 2006 Forester engine light is on and cruise control light blinking what causes this
JA: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my daughters car 800 miles away
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need to know if it is safe to drive
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

is there like an advance or auto zone where she is , where she can take it and have it scanned & retrieve the fault to see why the check engine light came on ?

they scan the car for free and give her a print out with fault codes

you can post them back here for me & i can tell you

we need to know is it an emission related code or engine misfire code or transmission code, based on that we can know if it is safe to drive

if emission related be okay ,but engine & trans code no ,will have to be addressed

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician