Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I'd like to know if a 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium with

Customer Question

I'd like to know if a 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium with a standard radio can be upgraded to a radio with navigation?
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It is a 2016 Subaru Legacy radio navigation assumbly unit.
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing as of yet. The radio and navigation unit assembly 86271AL85A, sd memory card - navigation 86283AL85A, and the telematics unit 86222A.. I have tried to locate a schematic of the 2017 audio. But no luck so far.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The 2016 radio unit was removed from a new Legacy and an after market unit was installed. The one removed from the Legacy is like brand new.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have found a schematic - http://parts.shultssubaruof warren.com/images/parts/subaru/fullsize/B15_86001242.png.
This image (included) is the same for both 2017 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5L CVT and for 2017 Subaru Outback Touring w/EyeSight 2.5L CVT. I looks like I would definitely need the antenna assembly - GPS 86277, Antenna assembly 86321C, and the Feeder Cord - Telematics 86525D. Am I right or wrong?This morning I was about to receive an answer from peterpete190 on Order ID: 16664190-490 but something happened with my billing.
I just called customer support and they cancelled my original question and told me to asked it again. I am on a trial membership.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

Hi My name is***** will be glad to try to help. You are on the right path. You will likely need to have some programming done for all to work right together with the body control module, NAV, etc and yes if you do not have the antenna you will need one. Let me know

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?