peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I'd like to know if a 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium with

Customer Question

I'd like to know if a 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium with a standard radio can be upgraded to a radio with navigation?
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It is a 2016 Subaru Legacy radio navigation assumbly unit.
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing as of yet. The radio and navigation unit assembly 86271AL85A, sd memory card - navigation 86283AL85A, and the telematics unit 86222A.. I have tried to locate a schematic of the 2017 audio. But no luck so far.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The 2016 radio unit was removed from a new Legacy and an after market unit was installed. The one removed from the Legacy is like brand new.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Order ID: 16664190-490. I found this file/image at http://parts.shultssubaruof warren.com/images/parts/subaru/fullsize/B15_86001242.png
It was the same image for both the 2017 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5L CVT and the 2017 Subaru Outback Touring w/EyeSight 2.5L CVT. I've included this file. Looking at this schematic it would seem that having the NAVI & RADIO, <TELEMA> , which I do have, all I should need to have the GPS Antenna 86277 and the Antenna Assembly 86321C to make everything work. Am I right or am I wrong?I haven't heard anything from Just Answer and it's been a day and a half since I asked the question.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I also think that I would need the Feeder Cord- Telematics 86325D.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont show if this can be retro fitted into your model to work here but usually you can contact a dealers service or parts department and they can look this up to see if there is a retro fit kit for your model to make this work or any options to make this work.In some cases this can be done with the correct retro fit kit.Usually programming is needed as well from a dealer after an upgrade like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete