Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech

2006 legacy outback wagon some times will not move in the

Customer Question

2006 legacy outback wagon some times will not move in the morning till it gets warmed up. Once it starts to move you have to go easy on the gas till it goes though all the gears or it will ether slip or bang into gear. Once this takes place it runs and shift fine rest of the day. Car has 105,000 miles on it. It's a 4sp auto.Had several Subaru's and this is the first real problem we have had.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I say it won't move I mean forwards. It will move in reverse. It started doing this last winter, now it does it in the summer also. It's' been doing it a lot lately. A few times the check engine light has come on but has away's went out and stayed off for long periods of time. It's not on at this time. But the car is still doing its' thing.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 month ago.

The problem your describing sound like a pressure concern due to a failing intern seal. Are you able to scan the system to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the check engine light comes on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can get it scanned but I can't do it myself. Sounds like it needs rebuilt. Whats a fare price? Any recommendations?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 month ago.

Before you consider a rebuild, let get the scan done and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK I will try to get it done tomorrow Thanks
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 month ago.

Sure thing. Let me know and we can work from there if need be.