George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15 + Years

I have a 1998 subaru outback impreza with an aftermarket

Customer Question

I have a 1998 subaru outback impreza with an aftermarket security system - I left the ignition key on all night and when I try to jump start it, the lights flash, the siren goes off - all that. This has happened before awhile ago and I got my remedy on here but have since forgot it. I know it involves disconnecting the battery, pulling a fuse or connector of some sort, but cant remember which one - then if I remember correctly I need to turn the key on for awhile, install the fuse and reconnect the battery. I just cant remember the exact procedure.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  George H. replied 1 month ago.

Hello I will help,

Try this, with the battery cables disconnected charge the battery til it shows at least 12.4 volts. Connect the positive cable then turn the key to run and connect the negative cable. Turn the key off then start the engine.

Let me know if that works for you