tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience

I have problems with my radio 6.2" when i pair it with my

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: i have problems with my radio 6.2" when i pair it with my iphone and i scroll the songs, the name of the song on the screen doesnt change
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: it come with the car
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: the first song it played, stays on the display i can continue listening, but the display is the problem
JA: What year is your Subaru?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i ve been searching on internet, but with no resullts
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: other problem is when i connect my iphone with my usb cable the screen shows "no device connected" message but the song are actually playing and the message dont disappear it is very annoying
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I have a couple ideas that you can perform on your own.First please power off your Iphone and try again(not sure if this has been done)the next is kind of like a hard reboot of a computer, remove both battery cables and touch cables together for 30 seconds this drains all capacitors in all modules including radio.reinstall them and see if radio operates correctly,other than those 2 things there is not much you can do ,if neither work you will need to go to the dealer this could possibly be a internal issue that they will need to diagnose,thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, i've tried the first option with no results. The second one is not possible for me because im not an expert on electronic devices. Please i need a new alternative. Thx
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 month ago.

Hi,i'm sorry but this is what we would do in the shop to see if a difference is made.Today I had a similar experience with a customers vehicle ,I located a bulletin which involves updates for certain radios ,if you can please give me the model number which is on the face of the radio in the lower left corner ,also in the settings of the radio please give me the version number of your software,if numbers indicate a update you will need to return to the dealer for this,if the update doesn't apply the radio will probably need to be replaced.Sorry I can't give you better options to try but this is what needs to be done first before a new radio is installed,thanks