peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I manually locked my doors got out and realized the car was

Customer Question

hey i manually locked my doors got out and realized the car was still on... now fob won't unlock doors
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: any ideas
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: yes i have two and neither work 2015
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just tried going through the hatch but everything is locked up and nothing responding. thats pretty much it maybe disconnect the battery?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can take a lock smith or AAA company to come out and use their tools to unlock the doors to gain access to the vehicle.The fob may not work as the engine is running and the key may be inside of it and I believe the only way to get back in is with another key to fit a door cylinder or hatch cylinder it might have or with a lock smith or AAA company with their tools.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete