Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2007 Forester XT, after much service the battery

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Forester XT, after much service the battery was disconnected for an extended period of time. When I go to start I have a Check Engine light solid and system check flashing. It cranks but then shuts off immediately. Scanned the system and no codes present.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please help me get this car running.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any suggestions? I can give you all the specifics. Please correspond so I can star trouble shooting.

It cranks, the starts, but then stalls if I understood correct.

We need to check the basics since there are no codes.

Will it run on starting fluid?

What is the fuel pressure?

What is the theft light doing with the key on?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris