Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Outback 2003 LL bean H 3.0. Running great, made it up the

Customer Question

outback 2003 LL bean H 3.0. Running great, made it up the hill from my home. Engine shut off and wont start. Was able to coast to my driveway. visible fuses look OK. Engine
cranks hard, wont start or fire at all.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

Hello Layne, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors, proper fuel pressure (43 to 46 PSI) and good compression. In order to determine what has failed you are going to need to start with checking each of these things to determine which you are loosing . If you can do this and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause.