tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Brand new Subaru 2017 Forester, 125 miles on it, 2 weeks

Customer Question

brand new Subaru 2017 Forester, 125 miles on it, 2 weeks old, Check Engine light comes on and stays on as well as the sign for the winter uphill boost, it says emission problem in the uphill thingy. Manual says check the gas cap (haven't bought gas since I bought the car), the gas cap is fine. Off to Subaru dealer for repair. Phone call says, "Subaru is aware of this problem on 2017 Foresters and the "part" to correct it won't be here until Wednesday. It doesn't sound right to me. Why would they sell a car they knew has problems? Tow truck guy started car and said, "oh yeah, something's wrong, it's idling way too high."
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 3 months ago.

We've had multiple concerns with a check engine light throwing code P013f which is a slow responding rear 02 sensor, there is a reprogram for this code which I also heard will not be available until later this week, this code usually will not cause any running concerns .Do you recall if the dealer mentioned the code?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no code was mentioned. At first it sounded like double-talk, but today's conversation has made it clearer and a talk with my local mechanic tells me pretty much the same thing you did. I appreciate all this, it makes me feel a little better. I buy a new car and there's something wrong!! "Why me?" I say...I guess the answer is "why not?" I know it happens. Thank you so much.
Expert:  tamaz replied 3 months ago.

Your so welcome, glad I helped put you at ease