Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech

97 subaru legacy outback 2.2 put a new battery in will turn

Customer Question

97 subaru legacy outback 2.2 put a new battery in will turn over but will not start and run. checked the fuiel pump etc still will just turn over but will not start
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure. In order to determine why your will not start you need to check each one of these things and determine which one your lacking. If you can do this and post back with your results we can work from there to determine the cause.