tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

2013 subaru forester check engine light on, antilock brakes

Customer Question

2013 subaru forester check engine light on, antilock brakes light on, cruise control light flashes
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 7 months ago.

Hi,if you are not experiencing any running problems the check engine lamp can be quite a few things,please check the fuel cap to see if it is tight this is the easiest thing you can check yourself ,if it is loose of course tighten but even then the light will remain on until the computer runs its test to make sure all is good this can take up to 40 drive cycles.I suggest you can visit a auto parts store where they will read the code for free once you know the code you can tell me and I can help you diagnose the problem or you can disconnect battery for a few minuets if the code returns right away you have a current problem, if not it's a intermittent fault and may not return,thanks for your time!