Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care

Daughter driving her 2008 Impreza. ck engine, cruise control

Customer Question

daughter driving her 2008 Impreza. ck engine, cruise control and traction control lights all came on. One day last week P0028 Intake valve control solenoid.......... came up, was turned off had been fine till now this event.
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: I can ask. Any other questions/comments? she's driving and won't typically pick up and won't read texts.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: In essence my larger concern is any safety issues?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Again, she's on a*****with maybe 150 to go. Any safety or car damage concerns issues right now to be concerned with given these lights?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you

In relation to the code you mentioned, there are no safety issues that would be related to this. That code is very commonly caused by a low oil level in the engine because this valve is actuated by oil pressure. I would ask her to check the oil level immediately and if it is low, add it until it is full (this car should use a 5w30 synthetic engine oil, if it is available). I hope this information helps!

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Hi, this is Josh just checking in on your concern about the engine light. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. I also want to remind you to leave a positive rating if you were satisfied with my service. Thanks!