Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

My 2001 Subaru Outback H6 has a multiple set of symptoms. 1.

Customer Question

My 2001 Subaru Outback H6 has a multiple set of symptoms. 1. has over heated in the recent past. I replaced a lower radiator hose and the thermostat. Now we have transmission idiosyncrasies, and the air conditioner will stop working, and the meters for the speedometer and tachometer will stop registering.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

Ok if its overheated and you now have transmission issues I'd say its possible that the transmisson oil cooler may have sprung a leak, as I think its cooled by the engine coolant on this model and you may have water mixing with the transmisson oil

so it would be worth draining the transmission fluid off to check that its in good condition in the 1st place

I'd also check that the main earth connections to the engine are in good condition and are bright and clean as you may be losing ECU power - and that the ECU / ECM fuses are also bright and clean with no cracks

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you