Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

We parked our Subaru Outback on a slightly uneven lawn/road,

Customer Question

We parked our Subaru Outback on a slightly uneven lawn/road, (2015) and when we returned the car key would not turn to start the car. Both of the icons behind the parking break were lit up but I coudln't get them to go off.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Our outback is 2015. I checked the internet and obviously our steering wheel is locked . What do I do? Tomorrow is Sunday and we need to use the car. It is several blocks away from our home here.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

If you turn the wheel slightly on way with on hand and try to turn the key, it may take several attempts to find the sweet spot. Try turning the wheel both ways just slightly. If this does not work jack up both front tires off the ground, make sure to set the emergency brake and block the rear tires. Jacking up the front will take the pressure off the wheel and then you should be able to unlock the wheel.

Please reply to this if you need more help. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

ASE Master Technician

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks