tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

2012 outback. New garage door opener. Trying to activate

Customer Question

2012 outback. New garage door opener. Trying to activate home link. I have followed both GDO manual and Subaru manual to a "T". Cannot seem to get the confirmatory quick flashing light indicating successful activation of the home link button to the handheld remote. All I get is slow flashing. Yes I have erased all previous codes. Thanks
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 4 months ago.

Hi,I know how this can be so difficult sometimes,whenever I have problems with things trying to communicate with each other I try unplugging them and going through the process again,do you try this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I followed all the directions. That starts by unplugging the GDO motor. As far as unplugging anything in the car, there is nothing to unplug except the car battery. I did not unplug the car battery. The key is in the "on" position and I repeated everything at least 10 times including using the learn button. The issue is with the home link mirror not "taking" the information from the handheld remote in the first place.
Expert:  tamaz replied 4 months ago.

The mirror has a connection to it,it's located on the back side of the mirror,give it a try and let me know,thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This did not help. The mirror still did not accept the new remote code.