tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience

The check engine light came on. the cuize control light is

Customer Question

the check engine light came on. the cuize control light is flashing and my traction control light is on. I took it to autozone and they said it was my cat. I didn't get the car taken in for the recalls yet. could that be the problem?
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: the only light that flashes is the cruise control
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2009 impreza
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was going to bring it to a mechanic to get looked at and if it's easy i'll do it. I tried the gas cap and i don't think that was it
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 3 months ago.

Hi,the code for catalyst efficency is P0420,if this is the code no worries this will not strand you the car will continue to run as it is, the good news here is it should be covered under warranty as long as your below 157,000 miles,thanks,or if the car is is needing the recall WQD-40 the catalyst will be replaced at no cost to you,thanks for your time