Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Why does my traction control shut itself off when i push in

Customer Question

why does my traction control shut itself off when i push in the clutch, sometimes causing the car to stall?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Have you had it scanned to see which codes are stored?

Normally a traction control issue is a related to a speed sensor reading incorrect and when that occurs the ABS tells the PCM to take power away from the engine. If that happens at the same time you press the clutch the engine can stall.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris