Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

I have had my 2014 Forester 2.0 XT in Subaru shop FIVE TIMES

Customer Question

I have had my 2014 Forester 2.0 XT in Subaru shop FIVE TIMES for following problem , AND all they did each time was replace blown fuse FB15 ( according to mech. report)..
Now, car has been in shop for 6th. time for 1.5 days now. Here is the problem :
Key fob does not work / interior dome lights do not work / outside mirror lights do not work / clock does not work. Have to lock car from passenger side or alarm goes off when opening w/ key from drivers side.
I have 0 deductible 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty, but I am nervous that dealer will continue to say " We replaced fuse" but could not find problem..
Last time at dealer, service manager stated that I had to leave the car, so they could spend time necessary to locate problem.. Now have 90k miles.
Last 2 times I left the car they gave me a loaner, and stated they had a lot of work to do to locate problem.. Here I am again... I can't believe this has never happened to anyone else.. In Fact, I found online where others have had EXACT Problem...
??>*&%#$%^ ; Thanks, Jim
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

I cannot tell you where the short lies but do have some advice.

Contact Subaru of America and open a case. Once you get them involved the dealer will be forced to use everything at their disposal and MAKE the time for them to resolve the problem. This may also prompt them to send in the district manager to help asses the situation on the car.

It sounds like the issue is possibly water intrusion in the driver side door lock cylinder or wiring, but without the car I can't be sure.

The number is ***** Working for the dealer I have seen these people help a great deal. One of the few car makers out there that really care about your business.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!