Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I have a 1995 Subaru Impreza and when I turn the key, all

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Subaru Impreza and when I turn the key, all the lights come on but doesn't start. I move the battery cable around and then it starts right up. This has happened a few times the last few days. Is it just a loose battery cable? or any other diagnosis? How much could the costs be if I took it into the shop to see what is happening? Thanks for the help.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

….

That is most likely a loose battery terminal or a loose connection at the starter end. You will want to make sure that the battery terminals are clean and tight.

Most of the auto parts stores will test the battery and connections free of charge and any decent respectable repair shop should also check that for free. They may charge a small fee to repair it though.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you some test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,